Fridays, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Because Blount County Public Library has received a Library Technology Training Grant, this series of 40 Google Lunch and Learn classes is being offered to the public during 2018. Online registration is required at no cost. For lunch options, you may bring a sack lunch or an optional $10 box lunch is available from the library’s Bookmark Café. Lunch order options are on the registration forms below under Registration Online Forms for Google Lunch & Learn Series. The classes will be held in the library’s new Learning Lab, a stand-alone building on Cusick Street, across from the library’s outdoor sign. Participants who have Gmail accounts should bring their email address and password. Those who do not have a Gmail account will create one at their first class. Participants should bring their library card. In some classes, participants will also learn how to use Lynda.com, a new leading online learning platform that helps anyone learn business,software, technology and creative skills to achieve their learning goals. A staff person will be at all classes to make sure that participants have an ecard to access Lynda.com for participants without library cards. Be sure to include email address on registration form. Each class is limited to 10 participants. Participants are invited to bring their personal laptops with wireless access to use in classes.
- Learning Online Surveys With Google Forms: Lunch and Learn Series Registration - JUNE 8, 2018
- Using Google Slides to Create Presentations: Lunch and Learn Series Registration - JUNE 15, 2018
- Using Google Voice for Business: Lunch and Learn Series Registration - JUNE 22, 2018
- Get Up and Running with Google My Business: Lunch and Learn Series Registration - JUNE 29, 2018
Computer & Job Skills Classes
Free computer classes are offered in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (2016) and Gmail. Receive an opportunity to gain a nationally recognized certificate from Northstar Digital Literacy. Course descriptions and schedules are listed below. The free classes meet in the Blount County Public Library’s new Learning Lab (outside the library in the former First Tennessee Bank branch building) unless otherwise *noted. For those with no previous computer experience, you will nee to practice using a mouse before you may enroll. Here are a few practice websites available: www.mouseprogram.com and www.pbclibrary.org/mousing/mousercise.htm
Spaces are limited and registration is required. To register, please visit the library's Information Services Desk) or call 865-982-0981, ext. 4, or 865-273-1428. Sign up no earlier than one month prior to a class.
It's Your Career Soft Skills Training Classes
Once a Month on Fridays, 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- “It’s Your Career,” will be
For Class Synopsis & Registration Information
- Go to www.blountchamber.com/community/soft-skills Soft Skills are strengthened and developed over time and are necessary if you desire to climb the career ladder. The classes are a collaboration of Blount Partnership, Adult Education Foundation of Blount County and the Blount County Public Library.
Tuesdays, 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.,
- Need help with technology and don’t know where to start? Tech Time is designed to be space to get your questions answered and set you on the path you need for technology success! Having trouble with email? Can’t find what you need on the internet? Curious about Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest? Need help with eBooks? Bring your technology questions and get assistance from a Tech Time facilitator. Tech Time will be held in Study Room A in the Reference area of the library.